Monday, September 16, 2019

The Monte Palace Madeira


I flew to Funchal in Maderia, I arrived early evening took the bus into town here were various drop off areas.  I got to area listed for my hotel but left directions to hotel  home I looked for something open, being a Sunday I found an ice cream place but the woman did not know where the hotel was there was a couple getting ice   cream and they said they would help me  find it, we walked a bit and finally found the street and I could see the hotel, at the end.



In the morning  after breki of coffee and rolls I headed for the local bus so I could the visit The Monte Palace tropical gardens it was cheaper to take the local bus than  a tour and having the  chance  to stay as long as I wanted to. I got off  the bus and then  a bit of a hike to the gardens. I first visited the church it  was beautiful and the headed to the gardens,  I went through all of them I think the oriental garden was the best.  
Church Our  Lady Monte














Oriental Gardens










So many interesting areas to explore  morning and enjoyed them all.  A huge mineral collection  was on display, and waterfalls,  In the cafeteria a coupon entitled you to small glass of Madeira wine. They had  toboggans to take you  down but was expensive for one person so  I walked down  and took the bus back to town. I had a nice  meal in a restaurant near by hotel a lovely omelette sandwich.  







'
















omelette on a roll

No comments:

Post a Comment