Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Skywalking


I decided  to take the hop off and on bus tour as seemed to be the best way to get to several  places I wanted to see.We got to an area and traffic was barely moving and finally the bus stopped.  There  was a detour  and the driver told us to get  off and  another bus would take us up to Cabo Girao Skywalk.  It was an awesome viewpoint and free. Once you got up there Jutting out of the side of some of the highest cliffs in Europe (580 meters above sea level), the glass walkway offers incredible views of the Madeira coastline, Funchal and the town of Câmara de Lobos. It was a weird feeling kind of put you off balance many people were afraid to walk out on it but I was determined to.  The bus arrived and got me down and then I walked to Camara de Lobos.


Me on the Skywalking
view from Skywalk


 I walked along the road into Camara de Lobos I first looked at the church of San Sebastian  and then wandered into town and to the waterfront. There was a beautiful views I headed back to catch the bus into Funchal and then realized I was going in the  wrong direction and walked like a madwoman to find the pickup place for the bus. 

at the waterfront







beautiful church of San sebastian 











I was dropped off  in town and went in search of the painted doors that my friend Laurie told me about I really enjoyed  looking at them. I also walked to the beach  area and realized I would not be swimming there it was all rocks. I then headed back to  my hotel and stopped for dinner  at the place I  ate at yesterday and decided to have a Sangria, it was a small  pitcher. After the waitress brought it to me the owner toasted me. 
doors













nope not going swimming



Yes I  drank it all

Funchal Catbedral




No comments:

Post a Comment