Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Stratford Upon Avon Return

I first visited  Stratford Upon Avon in 1977 when my cousin Michael took me and a  friend there. A  very good train fare came up so I decided it was time to return. I left  my luggage at my hotel 50p a day can't be beat and grabbed my 2 carry on's. The train station when I arrived was having work done and the toilets were closed so I headed towards town. I saw a hotel  and asked to use ladies room. I checked at the desk my  hotel was the opposite direction than town.  I walked there and checked in and then headed back into town. I passed a lovely fish bar.  I walked into town in search of tourist board. I came across the Gower Memorial. It was interesting to say the least its a memorial to Shakespeare.

Shakespeare Memorial Fountain


wonderful fish and chips

The Gower Memorial


Lady  MacBeth


Sir John Falstaff
Prince Hal



I found  the tourist board and  got some information of  where  I wanted to visit.  I  then continued to walk around town then stopped for very yummy fish and chips walked back to my hotel. 



Shakespeare's Birthplace








In the morning  after a yummy breakfast, Decided to head to visit the church where Shakespeare is buried, Church of Holy Trinity, it was a bit of a  hike  but I finally found it. I  walked in made a  small donation and was able to look around. Then decided to visit Anne Hathaway  house.  There were  signs  marking  the way  it was long interesting way. I toured the house and its gardens unfortunately being so late in the season there was not  much to see.I did visit the  Sculpture Trail. I then went in  search of something to eat tea and  pastry. Then headed back to town I managed somehow to find a better way back.   Then I took a boat trip on River Avon and made a stop again fish and chips but only  had fish this time. 





Shakespeare Grave
Christ Face


Anne Hathway House

Sculpture Garden






Pot of tea



No comments:

Post a Comment