Thursday, December 6, 2018

An insane start to my trip and Freddie Mercury Lights


I planned  this trip in July I usually don't start that early but with MACCA doing concerts in December I knew I had to be there. I scored a ticket for  Glasgow concert on December 14th so pretty  much sealed the deal then, plus was way overdue for a Christmas get away. as time approached I booked my trip in and out of London and threw in a one week trip to Spain.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland


Santa cricket and an elf
It started out insane. When I got 2 Chicago I had about 3 hours between fights. I went to the desk to get to  the terminal  where my flight was leaving from I waited my turn found  I was given the wrong information and my flight was leaving from the terminal I was already in. I set off to find where my fight was leaving from  and when I got there, I sat down to  look at my paperwork realized I did not have it. I went looking everywhere and thought I must have  left it in the area I arrived in. When I arrived they sent me to wrong to area to transfer to international and I had to get in line show passport etc.  I was told no you go to different area so I had along walk guess I put folder down, I was nuts could not remember where I arrived  I was so upset  and I asked a woman at a desk and checked the arrivals and told me where to go.  Once I arrived here I saw my folder sitting on the desk the woman there told me they were hoping whoever left if would come back, I was so happy I was ready to hug her. All my reservations were in my folder which I could put together with emails I had sent myself but train tickets print  outs I needed to actually pickup my prepaid tickets. I had run outta time and had  no emailed them to myself as backup.

Hyde park Pirates display




The flight over was uneventful except for some reason I could not fall asleep properly so I slept for maybe one hour.  We arrived a bit after 9 but the lines for customs was quite long and waited over an hour. Then I caught the train to London and checked in my hotel  since I was anxious to check in I  took a front room and had an hour nap before I headed out. I headed to Green Park and I saw signs for Hyde Park Winter Wonderland and decided to head there. The walk was a lot longer than I expected and I saw the line for security  was quite long. I was told I could  go to a shorter Line which in the end quite a long walk. I was starved and finally got a sausage with sauerkraut which was really not that good. After wandering around for awhile,  I finally set off to find Carnaby Street and the Bohemian Rhapsody light display. I first came across Regent Street with their beautiful lights angels  and then Carnaby Street there were so many people there taking photos of Bohemian lights display. It was packed and I really loved how the lights were the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody. It was fun to hear so many people walking around and  singing it.  I started towards Trafalgar Square and was quite surprised to see the Christmas tree there which goes to show just how exhausted I had become as the tree was what I wanted  to see after that decided it was time to head back to my hotel. I checked my mail and had an early night as I had a morning train to catch. 

Covent Gardens

Regent street Christmas lights






\\





Trafalgar Square tree


No comments:

Post a Comment