Monday, December 10, 2018

Liddypool



I spent a few days with my cousins who live near Shrewsbury it was a good visit.  I must have been totally exhausted because I did not  notice their beautiful Christmas tree until my 2nd day.  They were teasing me that they had put it up when I left the room to use the toilet.  We visited Attingham Park that was done up  for Christmas and it was really special.  It was time to go to Liverpool and after a lovely breki I caught the early train.


My fave brekki sausage fried eggs and bacon

Christmas tree at the pub

Shrewsbury lights in the rain
















When I arrived in Liverpool it was a longer walk to my hotel than I had been lead to believe. I saw a woman who was about to throw the remainder of her chips in the trash I must have said something out loud as the next thing I knew she was offering them to me and yes I took them.



I was lucky that my room was ready so I got to my room and I then headed out for a quick look around before dark.  I enjoyed seeing the Christmas lights, I also walked up to the Liverpool museum and looked in to see their amazing Santa, but the museum was closed that day. 


I then walked a bit further towards water in search of the Beatles  statue I wanted to see, no luck.  I was getting hungry so found a fish and chip place that I had been to before and had a large cod fish my fave, enjoyed  it and then headed back to my room.

Christmas lights reindeer



The next morning I headed  to the Museum of Liverpool got to see Santa Father Christmas from Blackler's Christmas store 1957 1988 up close and also posed with him.  After waiting my turn to pose I walked to the nearby Christmas market.  I spotted a booth that said Chocolate kisses they looked so yummy I had to buy one. Oooooooo!!!



angel sculptural made of 100,000 knives







Christmas Wreath on  Liverpool Cathedral













hanging with Father Christmas



2 comments: