Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sea day Piran screech

the mermaid and I


I decided to take a chance on going to Piran it was cloudy and supposed to rain but I really wanted to go, it was on my list. Well it did rain some but only while I was on the bus and then it cleared as we got closer to Piran. It was wonderful to be by the Adriatic Sea  again it was a bit cloudy but started to clear as I walked through the town.  It was a small, but pretty town so it did not take long to look around.  I was toying with taking an early bus back but decided to explore further, I am so glad I did.

 I found the perfect spot near the sea and I was able to sit down on a rock and put my feet in the water pure bliss it was cold at first but it warmed a bit. I sat for maybe 25 minutes really enjoying it. Suddenly for some reason I looked down and right by my hand within inches was a big critter and it looked like a
Tarantula
I somehow managed to scoot away on my butt without falling in the water or dropping anything lucky my bags were further away. I sat in stunned amazement drying me feet to get my shoes on again.  I saw it on the side of the rock and tried to take a photo but my battery died.


After that walked up a steep hill to a St George Parish church the church was started in however it was a church museum and a woman must have been collecting admission as she sat on a chair just reading back towards the world I did not go in had looked in a door and not much to it. I read since then that is is open so I must have been there the wrong day, the photo below was taken through an opening in the entrance.

Inside the church

Tartini Square


love the colors


The skies cleared and I decided to make a day of it and take the last bus at 7 pm and I was 
just a bit hungry and saw stew for 3.50 euro listed on a menu at a cute little cafe right across from the sea.  I asked what it was like and then waiter said our special so I ordered it and also a glass of wine it was so reasonably priced 2 euro for wine. I sat sipping my wine and  just looking at the sea (thought life but someone has to do it) and then the waiter came and said a present for you madam and gave me a basket of bread.  I was surprised at the bread it made me feel good that he gave the basket to me nice warm bread the stew came it was yummy had a chicken leg. I ate and enjoyed the view and getting some sun.
I looked in shops again and thought the bus was early and ran for it but it was not the bus so I stayed near the bus stop, no problem sitting by the sea. It was at that point that I found there were shuttles to nearby towns but it was too late for that now.  I was a bit tired and decided to sit and relax till the bus was ready to go. The first town we stopped in which was barely 5 minutes away the skies were gloomy and looking back at where I was it was still sunny. I sat in the front for the view out the window and also my knee and the driver made me nervous he was texting at times and checking Facebook. I was happy to get back in one piece; it was quite late when I got back.

All in all an nice peaceful day enjoyed it and was worth the 2 and a half hour ride each as we had to stop in many towns and did not take the high way.




chicken stew and wine

  


sun going down Adriatic Sea







sun going down Adriatic Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment