Friday, April 21, 2023

Sandwich to Broadstairs such names

                                   Me and my hat and layered up Broadstairs

Today I took a train to Sandwich it was about 45 minutes by train, I arrived and it looked interesting and then and I wandered up and down streets and I didn't find much; after the main street. There was a crazy devil like character on a house.
I found the waterfront but to be honest there wasn't much to see other than a few boats, on the River Stour I followed the signs to a church St Marys which occupies the former convent from 7th century.I didn't find a place to eat and eventually gave up and caught the train back to Canterbury. Where I had what else fish and chips for dinner 







                                                                I am th Walrus coo co chu
                                                                            the devil
                                            St  Marys church            
The next day I decided to visit Broadstairs it was really cold and I had not brought a hat with me and I saw a thrift store and managed to find a hat wasn't the best but hey beggers cant be choosers.  I liked the town right off so many interesting things to look at. 

I walked along the water and past Beach huts I was quite shocked to see a woman laying in front of one. I had to think a moment if she was alive, lying so still. It was very cold and if I say its cold, I saw a woman strip down to her bathing suit and walk out to the water brrr.



                                                





Charles Dickens had lived in Broadstairs off and on for two decades his summer residence, now known as Bleak House it now is a bed and breakfast and a wedding venue. I was starting to get hungry and went to the fish and chips shop I had spotted earlier. It was a cute place and the guy who waited on me was nice. Afterwards I walked out to a place  quiet as way out and then back along the beach. I talked to a man and his wife and then asked to have my picture taken. I saw some interesting birds that I dint recall seeing any place before. Then decided it was a long walk to the train station and headed back.  











 

No comments:

Post a Comment