Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Canterbury

I had decided to spend a week in the Canterbury area and to visit small towns in there area. I had visited Canterbury about 35 years. I really didnt remember it so it was all new to me. I found a lovely guest house to stay in. I arrived and found my way  to the guest house after asking directions. After checking  in I decided to head to the center.   The first place I ran into the Church of St Dustans Church and Saint Thomas More. His daughter Margaret Roper took his head from a spike on London Bridge.and it was placed in a vault.

                                                                        Breakfast room
                                                                         view from my room
                                                                             the garden

                                                                                                      

 
                                                                
I then continued in to town to look around and I saw the the statue of Chaucer the author of Canterbury Tales, the Old Weavers house circa 1600  when weaving was undertaken, and the Cathedral. The Cathedral was founded in 597 built by St Augustine and rebuilt in 1070. I enjoyed my walk around before heading back to my guest house.  






                                


                                                    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip

                                                                                 Queen Victoria

                                                                            Queen Elizabeth I


                                                                            War Horse


 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Truly followers of Christ

    ReplyDelete