Sunday, April 16, 2023

Back in Shrewsbury


On Saturday I checked out of my room had a small carry on bag and headed to Shrewsbury. It was an un-eventful trip had to change at Birmingham airport and despite my worried the 20 minute lay over was enough to change trains. l arrived in Shrewsbury but had a problem finding the Guesthouse The Old Post Office Because I mislaid the directions but l finally managed to find it. I checked in and wandered around Shrewsbury and found a kebab place to eat but only take away after looking around I found a spot to eat.  


  









My main purpose of my visit was to visit my cousin Margie and her husband.  So around 11 walked to the train station and took a taxi cab to the village they lived in about 8 miles away. It was a good visit and at one point I went outside to see the sheep across the road. I got a cab and returned back to Shrewsbury.  The next day after a yummy breakfast I decided to explore. I walked down a road and wound up in a new area. After that I continued to walk there was a cathedral but it was closed for repairs. I came across The Quarry Park there was quite an interesting War memorial. Featuring a sculpture of St Michael in Gothic Armour and carrying a lance. I then headed back to my hotel to get my luggage but my knees gave out and I could barely walk. I rested at my hotel and then started to the train station which was less than a mile away but having to rest my legs it took me an hour.  The trip to London was direct this time so I made it to Euston in fairly good amount of time and then hopped the tube back to Hounslow.






                                                                                   St Michael
                                                                     Castle Gardens



                                                                                My Guesthouse
                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. I love the sheep! I hope your knees are better …. You know I totally feel your pain! 😳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos and comments! Love sheep photos and statue and buildings and you!!!

    ReplyDelete