Saturday, April 22, 2023

Inside Canterbury Cathedral

Today I decided to stay in Canterbury and visit the Cathedral a
since it was a Saturday as on Sundays there is mass so you have to wait until noon. After another lovely breakfast at the Guest House I headed to the cathedral and got a ticket and went in. I looked around admiring the windows and statues. Then I took the tour to visit the Grave of Thomas Becket. He was murdered, after Henry 2nd rage "who will rid of this Meddlesome  priest. "Three days after his death there were 3 miracles attached to his martyrdom. Pilgrims began to flock to shrine in the cathedral and Henry in a sash-cloth and barefoot was among them..


















After visiting the cathedral I walked back to the center of town and had what else fish and chips yeah. I then walked around visited another church. I decided to visit the park I had seen the other day. It was really nice and warm/sunny so I just walked around then sat on a bench read a book on my tablet and just relaxed. I did see something or should I say someone. The girl was dressed in white and had a long veil looking thing and a hat??  







 

1 comment: