Sunday, April 23, 2023

Ramsgate and Deal


Today was gloomy but I decided to visit Ramsgate. I took the train and arrived. It was quiet a hike to the waterfront and my knee decided to lock up as I was crossing the street. A woman asked if I was ok and where I was headed. She saw a man with a van, he was a painter she knew him and insisted he take me to the waterfront area. He was nice and did but said she was a bossy so and so but he didn't mind taking me, He dropped me off and I could hear music and he said Its St Georges day and the parade was starting.   So I found the parade and stood and watched. It was cute there were dragons and everything.







 
I walked along the water front but it was cold and finally headed back towards the station but again my knee acted up, I was resting and a woman offered to call me a taxi. I waited and waited but it never showed up. I started walking  in search of food and being Sunday nothing was open. I spotted a fish and chip went in and relaxed. While I waited an siren went off and it was a bit spooky but the girls told me it was a system being tested, of course why not. Managed to walk the rest of the way to the train station.



 Deal


I decided to visit Deal I mean the name alone. There was a artillery Fort constructed for Henry 8th  in 1539 to protect from an invasion from France and the Holy Roman Empire It was quiet muddy from rain and I had to actually step in puddles. I then walked along the water and saw people with ice cream cones so asked where a place was. I finally found it there was also a miniature golf course seemed so out of place, It was windy and cold. I continued and eventually made it to the Pier and then decided to walk out on it believe me it was quiet a hike there were men fishing despite the cold. Once I was there to left I could see the White Cliffs in the distance, about 10 miles away. There was a restaurant but of course it wasn't open. I decided to head back to Canterbury just too cold.   







                                                         White Cliffs of Dover

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment