Friday, April 14, 2023

I am back in London


Well shes back. I decided time to go to England again. I left on April 12 for 20 days one day short of three weeks. I decided to stay in Hounslow Central since London had become way too expensive and the place I usually stayed was being remodeled as a new Hotel, and by the looks of it I would no longer afford
to stay there
I arrived very early the plane was due at 8 am but arrived even earlier. I took my time but still arrived at my hotel by 11. They said I was too early to check in and I said I want to sit and rest. Turns out they managed to find me a  room  and I was soon able to check in. So I went to my room checked in and rested a bit. Then I headed into the center of town. I looked around and had a bite to eat I finally went back to my room. I relaxed and headed to bed around 9 pm.    










In the morning I headed for Green Park and walked to St James Park my very fave place. I was looking for the tulips to no avail in Green Park however there were just a few. Already with the coronation in a few weeks parts around Buckingham Palace were blocked off so had to find my way past that and to and gradually St James Park. I was rewarded with seeing some squirrels as I arrived and snapped away. I stood on my bridge but was unable to have my picture taken, because the only people there at the time were people with phones no real cameras.

 




I then headed to Euston Station to pick up my ticket for my morning trip to Shrewsbury. Then I decided to go to my Fave place the Capital Kebab and had a very yummy lamb Kebab oh yum and then some. I walked along the River and crossed Blackfriar Bridge, and admired St Paul's Cathedral in the distance. I crossed the bridge and walked along the River and Victoria Embankment Gardens. I don't think I saw them before.  I walked and walked along and could see the London Eye and then the Sphinx. I got someone to take my photo. Suddenly my knee froze up and I could not walk I was holding on and after a few moment it was ok. I was able to walk a little further as I decided to see Big Ben before I headed back to my guesthouse





3 comments:

  1. Thanks Pat😎πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Laurie and I saw the same duck in St. James Park πŸ˜‰. And thanks for Big Ben photo! Marie 😎

    ReplyDelete