Saturday, September 17, 2022

Shrewsbury


I had planned on visiting my cousin and her hubby in Shrewsbury at the beginning of my trip . However that was not meant to be Shrewsbury is so close to Chester I decided to visit. I hopped the train and was there in 45 minutes sad that they were not there to meet me. I headed to find the Castle which was a short walk away. I knew they had Shrewsbury art trail, by Andrew Logan (which had been extended through September) and I wanted to see the giant egg. It was really cool looking.
 





After I just roamed the streets just enjoying in Shrewsbury I just  love the black and whites.  I noticed people dressed up an apparently there was some kind of Alice in Wonderland day which I later found out was Clued Upp Games Alice in Wonderland had to laugh as I had seen Mad Hatter in Wales. 
I watched the people in costume and I kept running into them as I explored. I needed a rest and sat and talked to a woman awaiting her Doctor Appointment. I walked around the town and I saw a boat trip leaving in a few moments I was on the boat Sabrina and sailed around the River Severn it was a relaxing ride with interesting views. I walked around crossed a bridge and found another interesting area, I walked back to the train station stopping to have an ice cream and then headed for the train back to Chester.  

 

                                                                                Severn Social Hotel










                                                                                       mad Hatters

No comments:

Post a Comment