Monday, September 12, 2022

Off to Chester


I decided to visit Chester I had been there around 30 years ago but only visited the zoo. The week before I left the US I got a message that my train to Chester was cancelled I was freaking out wondering if I could take a bus there looked into and the bus I would have to leave the night before and travel overnight. I wound up checking Euston Station and there were trains to Chester just no longer direct. I would have to go to and change in Crewe. This was Avanti train lines, who were having off and on strikes.  I purchased a new ticket and put in a refund for the old ticket the was now higher but oh well. In the morning I headed to Euston which was just across the street and found where my train went from. It was a bit of a journey to Crewe but when I got off discovered the train to Chester was leaving from a few feet away, yeah. The ride for non eventful and I arrived in Chester  and headed for the Ormonde Guesthouse about 15 minute walk away. I checked in settled and then headed out for a meal as it was already after 3 pm. I found a quick bite and picked up some donuts for breakfast looked around a bit headed by to my room.


                                             



In the morning I headed into Town which was a short walk. I found the Eastgate (built in 1768) Clock Tower  which was located on the ancient Walls I climbed the stairs for a view of the Clock built in 1897 for Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee, I walked around a bit spotted a yummy looking Ice cream shop but too early for that.
I next found the Cathedral Church of Christ and Blessed Virgin MaryThere were many flowers around left in memory of the Queen. I snapped some photos and then went inside to have a look around. There was a book where you could sign a message to the Royal family

Flowers Left in memory of the Queen















I walked around Chester for awhile just admiring the black and whites, my very fave.   I suddenly saw The York Roast I pretty much flipped out because I had been to there several times when in I was in York several years ago. I was hungry so I went in and ordered the Yorkshire pudding in meal. Oh heavenly yum. I walked a bit more thought I had the way back to my guest house but it took forever and I wound up at the train station which I luckily knew my way back, to the Guesthouse, from there. 
 








  

No comments:

Post a Comment