Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Regents Park and Kensington Gardens


Today I headed to Regents Park its a nice walk and very close to my hotel. This time I remembered the area I wanted to visit. There was an exhibit on by an artist Peju Alatise an artist from Nigera. Her work was amazingly beautiful and she happened to be there so I got to talk to her awhile. The piece was entitled Sim and the Yellow Glassed bird.  The Sculpture shows Sim is a nine year old girl who lives in two worlds in one world she is a domestic servant in Lagos. In the other world, Sim lives in dreamland with talking birds and butterflies where she can fly) 




















After that I walked around looking at the roses luckily so many still in bloom. I then headed to Kensington Palace and walked saw the statue of Princess Diane.

I looked to have Tea there but they only had flavored tea. I was sitting by the lake and I started talking to a woman who was from
 Ethiopia we had a very nice chat and she took some photos of me with my camera. I was ready to leave and she decided to walk with me. We walked and talked quite awhile and I was telling her things about the US. She walked with me until I caught the under ground. She hated to see me go.   








No comments:

Post a Comment