Saturday, September 10, 2022

Finally back in London

                                                                        

  

Well the day finally came and after Almost 3 years I head back to London, I have missed it so especially the last few years I was in London as often as twice a year. Ok so I was a little nervous post covid and had my N95 mask on the plane, it was an uneventful flight and enjoyed some wine and knocked me out for a  few hours.   When I booked the trip it  was hard to tell how flights would go because for awhile flights were cancelled or delayed especially around Holidays. I had no idea if I would make it the day of arrival so I booked a hotel close to the airport in Hounslow central.  I headed out I was too early to check into my hotel and was planning on dropping the luggage but the offered me a room right then and there for an extra 15 pounds and I took them up on it. I rested awhile and headed into town. I walked quite a lot and had a nice meal. I was in bed by 9 trying to get into the time zone.

The day I headed to England I was shocked to hear that Queen Elizabeth had passed away. So unexpected. I was surprised how quickly posters popped up everywhere she had barely 24 hours before and there were posters everywhere. In the morning I took the tube to Green Park in order to walk to St James Park. It was packed. You could not walk in front of Buckingham Palace it was mobbed with so many people carrying flowers to leave in memory of the Queen. I was attempting to get through the crowds and that was nigh impossible. I suddenly heard cheers and a bunch  of cars were arriving and I heard people yelling look its King Charles and sure enough he drove past. I really could not see him just the car.  

I finally was able to cross the street by walking around and then I wanted to go into St James Park but it was blocked off. I finally was able to walk past that area when a Policemen asked if I had trouble walking and told me to say yes and he let me through. There was an old guy in an old military uniform posing for photos so thought why not.


Finally made my way into the park walked around and to the Bridge where I had someone take my "token" bridge photo. I walked through the Park and I was lucky enough to see the Pelicans I was thrilled to see them again.



                                                                                

I then headed over to Big Ben and sat and enjoyed the view I started talking to a few  people sitting there enjoying the sun, I took some photos of "Ben" and then headed off. I was about a block away when I realized I did not have my jacket. I hurried back and the people who I sat by put it aside hoping Id come back Phew. I headed to Covent Garden and looked around a bit and tried to find the fish and chip place I liked to no avail. I decided I was getting tired and hopped the tube back of Hounslow central.




                                                                                    
 

     



Today I checked outta my Hounslow hotel and headed into London to my hotel for the night I had to wait a short time for my room. I checked in and headed for Tower of London and my fave bridge. I walked around the area awhile I walked across my bridge and back. I wandered around Looking for Bronze Chimpanzees that were located between Tower Bridge and London Bridge. I was unable to find them so decided they must be the other side it was too late to bother I looked for the fish and chips place from years before and yeah I found it, and yes it was GOOD.  I walked as far as St Paul's Cathedral and around and decided to head back to my hotel.  I was heading to Chester in the Morning.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment