Thursday, September 15, 2022

Return to the Pool


Well how could I not want to visit Liverpool again it was close about 45 minutes by train and they had just unveiled a statue of Brian Epstein just before I left for England. I heard from a Liverpool friend Betty who I first met in Norway, and she suggested we meet up. I thought great idea. We met at the train station and we set out. We first decided to Ferry Across the Mersey and I had not done that for at least 20 years. The Ferry Terminal is now named The Gerry Marsden Terminal. who wrote and performed.Ferry Across the Mersey.



We walked around and found the Brian Epstein statue it was unveiled just before I left for England. We found it Betty was surprised it was there because she is in that area often and never saw it but I explained it was new. I was trying to remember just where a restaurant was that I ate at 4 years ago because I wanted to have scouse stew we finally found the place Maggie May's after a lot of searching.  
  
                          





After wandering around awhile Betty said shed take me to New Brighton in her car so we got her car and drove there.  It was nice spot by the water, We visited the spot where the Beatles played 27 times between 1961 and 1963 watched  wind surfers and then she dropped me back at a station and I headed back to Chester. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment