Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Northern Wales Adventure


I wanted to go back to Wales had looked into going on my own but the places I wanted to visit were tricky to get to, even though they were fairly close it was the connections that made it hard so I decided the best way would be a tour. 

I got up in the morning and decided to take a shower. Well I got in the shower and then I was ready to get out, I had placed a what I thought was a small rug on the floor but when I stepped on to it I fell. I was down so quick face down. I laid there a moment or two and got up. I felt sore mainly by my mouth and was shocked to see I had chipped my two front teeth, To say I freaked out would be an under statement but I calmed myself down because I realized it could have been much worse I could have broken a hip or a leg. After a quick breki I headed to the train station, I waited and waited for the tour bus to arrive but it appeared I was the only one waiting. The bus was already half hour late and I was getting worried, Finally a couple people showed up. Finally the bus arrived. I got on and found a single seat.

The guide was nice and friendly and explained the delay was all the traffic they hit leaving Liverpool. The first stop was Llandudno, she showed us round the beach area and then said we had 30 minutes to explore. I had seen the Mad Hatter statue as we passed by and I decided to head there, I had to walk quite quickly to make it there, I did and even got someone to take my photo with the statue. Then hurried back to where the bus was. 







Our next stop was Conwy, I had visited the Castle years ago so decided not to this time. I had a fish and chips shop in mind but sadly it was closed. I walked a bit further and found another place The Gallon and went in,  I just had the lovely cod fish and it was yummy. I wandered around town until it was time to meet the tour group.  

                                                                                Conwy castle                






The next destination was Snowdonia National Park but by the time we got there it started to rain a bit.  I decided against climbing  as some people did but I did not take a chance as it was slippery and my knees were starting to hurt,I took a quick walk to some water and back to the bus.  We made another stop because we saw some Ponies I was excited to see them I managed to snap a photo or two and then since the ponies were running I decided to do some video instead there were two and I was thrilled to see them running around. I got back on the bus but was limping a bit and several people insisted that I go to the back of the bus that was empty and sit and with my legs up and give them a rest








Next up was a stop in Betws-y-coed We had about an hour to explore. Most of the people headed to the shops but I headed around, the town and I found a small church with some statues I looked inside the church and then had a slow walk back to the bus my leg was feeling better.
                                            



Aqueduct


We continued on until our final destination  was the Pontcysylite Aqueduct built by Thomas Telford it was a bit of a hike but I managed to keep up.  We then headed back to Chester I got off the bus and started a slow walk to my hotel. The guide called to me and waved me to come back and said we are going to drop you off at your hotel. I explained it was a short walk but she insisted so got back on the bus and made the short journey and was dropped at the door way and I managed to limp in. All in all it was a good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment