Wednesday, May 1, 2019

House of Heads Colmar


After  breakfast I checked out and stored my luggage and headed back into Colmar old town, still a few areas to  visit.. I managed to find the house of Heads and it was a interesting place to say the least. *the large house a fine  example of Renaissance architecture by 1609 by  wealthy merchant, is aptly named given its decor of no fewer than 106 sculptured heads on it facade*   I found Little Venice and walked around apparently the name comes from the canal area boat launch. I really loved Colmar finally glad I made it. I actually walked into town everyday I was there, the only thing kept getting lost when I would head back to my hotel just could seem to find my way outta town.

House of Heads














Litttle Venice


I headed back to the hotel for my luggage and headed back to Frankfurt I  had an early evening train. I checked back into my hotel and retrieved my  luggage. I went to have some dinner and back to the old town. It was a gorgeous sunny day so I wanted to enjoy. I walked across one of the bridges and  just plain enjoyed the sun.  










along Little Venice canal



Old town Frankfurt


No comments:

Post a Comment