Thursday, May 9, 2019

Fjords of Norway another bucket list check



Today was another bucket list item, I had seen Rick Steve's report on the Fjords trip and I wanted to do it and also see the Slavic Hopperstad Church near in the village of Vikoyn  I checked at the tourist board and the woman said the weather  report showed the best day to take the trip would be in the morning. I  bought the ticket and arrived the bus which was the first part of the tour set off with only eight of us. We drove through various areas but there were not that much snow. Apparently the heat the area had just before I headed to Europe melted most of the snow. Stopped several places but sadly the weather did not cooperate and it was raining some areas were so fogged in you could not see. I became friendly with a couple from Texas and had one of them take my photo at several stops. We had a tour guide meet up and give us a tour of several places including the church.  We were then left at a restaurant where "lunch" was included.  The lunch was actually left over breakfast buffet.  I sat with the  couple and we had lots  of laughs over the lunch and the cost which was part of the tour cost we figured it was close to 50 dollars. We had a running joke each time we went up to the buffet we were eating the next day meal. We had free time and wandered around and then headed to the boat.  It stopped at several towns and we realized it was actually the stops at the Fjord Tour towns.


Hopperstad Slave Church






Tvindefossen Waterfall




lunch

our ferry

coming back into Bergen

I looked around town a bit and enjoyed a nice slow walk back to my hotel. In the morning I had my visit to the grocery store across from the hotel for my typical breakfast of a lovely pasty.  I then headed to town again and enjoying the area and then decided to walk to the  Bergen Aquarium. I had directions but the walk was confusing and I lost the route several times  partly because of construction.  I finally found people headed there and followed them.  It was small but lovely place and I enjoyed the penguins.  I spent awhile checking everything out.



help Penguin trying to eat Cricket













Silkeapene









smiling?






sailors monument



 




No comments:

Post a Comment