Friday, May 3, 2019

Stockholm by the skin of my teeth

riding at the ice bar
I decided to have  breakfast since I was flying to Stockholm around noon.  I  looked at my flight it said cancelled, checked and headed to airport; apparently there was a pilot strike on. I went upstairs to see if I could get another flight and the one available was flying to Gothenburg which was 3 hours train ride to Stockholm.  The last train to Stockholm was 8 PM, I was arriving around 7  pm.  I was guessing I would not make it but  was talking to a woman and her husband and they said I would make it and they walked me to the station I  made it.  I arrived station nearest my hotel but by now it was after midnight I walked past a park but could not figure where to go next I found one man on the street and asked he pointed where to go numbers ran odd and he walked with me and said he'd wait to be sure I got in ok. I had a code to punch in  for the door and another when I arrived upstairs my room key was in an envelope on a desk.   












Royal Palace Church













In the morning the guy at the desk said or your the late one wondered who you were.  I had a lovely  breakfast with cereals, juices  pastry. I then headed out to old town (Gama Stan) I was about a  30 minute walk.   I wandered the streets and walked to the Palace. I did go inside the Royal Chapel as admission was free.  I went back to  my hotel to have a bit of lunch they had plenty of left over breads etc from breakfast. I rested up a bit before I headed out to the Ice Bar. I had  ordered a ticket and went to check it out. I was a bit early and since they were not crowded they let me  it. It was fun they gave me a heavy duty coat to put on with  gloves. I looked around snap some photos have a drink that was included with admission. You were allowed 45 minutes visit and I was around 40 mins. 

Royal Palace









Ice Bar





 

No comments:

Post a Comment