Monday, April 24, 2017

Our Lady of Montserrat and Parc de la Ciutudella

in front of the Black Madonna
Next up was a trip to Montserrat Spain I used Julia tours. I had read about this place near Barcelona but getting there on my own just seemed to be a challenge and in the end this tour was almost as cheap.  I wanted to visit the Black Madonna  as much as I hated waiting in line I did because I wanted to see it up close. It was a bit of a wait when the mass ended and finally I got to the area after climbing some stairs to see it. I went in and saw it said a quick prayer and snapped a couple of photos then I headed back down to the church. It was very crowded downstairs and I waited until a spot in a pew opened and went in and said a prayer. I then used my zoom lens to take some pictures. 












Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey












up the way up the stairs


quick snap as I waited my turn



the view from the pew




After we arrived back in Barcelona I had a bite to eat grabbing a salad at the nearby market and then headed off. I had seen a park area from the tour bus the day before and decided to see if I could find it. I walked for awhile when I first found this red looking entrance and passed under and walked for awhile I was starting to get tired and was ready to go back but as I sat and rested awhile I could see some gold looking statute in the distance and decided to go and check it out.  The park was Parc de la Ciutudella in it was an amazing fountain known as Cascada which is the arch at the center of the waterfall it was originally designed by Josep Fontsere and his student Anoni Gaudi.


Triumphal Arch












Desolation -- Josep Llimona


Aurora's Chariot















Dragons















No comments:

Post a Comment