Monday, October 10, 2016

Grand Harbor Tour Valletta Malta

The trip to Gozo/Comino also included a free 90 minute tour of the Grand Harbor. I was not sure how long the free cruise was good for so I decided today was a good day. The cruise started at the Sliema ferries and included ten creeks of two harbors and around the three cities of Senglea, Cospicua, Vittoriosa, Valletta.   It was a really enjoyable trip, and  arriving back at the Sliema waterfront I had an excellent view of my hotel.  After that I walked around Sliema stopping and buying a t-shirt. I walked as far as I could go down the Strand until I ran into the Promenade. I walked along there was  a garden, entrance to a shopping mall and Marsamxett Harbour where you had great views of Valletta. I then headed back towards my hotel I wanted to rest awhile before going for dinner. I was using my voucher for my free dinner at the Hotel.  I had checked on line to see when dinner started and I got there a bit before 6. The dinner was buffet style and there was a choice of three main fishes including fish and turkey. I decided the on the turkey and there were many choices as sides on the buffet table including salads and breads, and several soups, I found a spot and enjoyed and then went for dessert. Of course ice cream looked awesome and I had a dish, or two of that topped with whipped cream oink oink. I walked back to my hotel and sat on my balcony and read a book and enjoyed the view.



Upper Barrakka Gardens Saluting battery



Grand Harbor Vallet






Valletta Grand Harbour


Malta Maritime Museum Birgu Malta

Vittaoriosa










My hotel on the left 2nd floor left corner window






along the strand

Valletta from Marsamxett Harbour
Cricket and the Cactus




Yummy dinner





No comments:

Post a Comment