Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter Weekend adventures in London


Back in London and it was a dreary day with off and on rain. I decided to try and find the place that Amy Rigby was playing that night and it turned out to be not too far. I then wound up in an area I do not recall seeing before as I was down in a construction area of Holburn Viaduct I found an entrance and a way to climb stairs to the road.   I then walked to St Paul Cathedral and went inside it was Good Friday stayed about 20 mins. It was really raining now and I decided to cross the bridge and go to the Tate museum along with others trying to get out of rain BORING. I tried running between the drops and across the Millennium Bridge and then hopped a bus going to Euston.  I rested a bit in my room and warmed up and headed off to see Amy this time I had my umbrella but i did not rain until I got there. I was early and met a young guy who asked me to share his table while we waited for the concert to start. When we finally went in for the show I sat with a couple and their younger children all fans of Amy, it was a great show. 


Holburn Viaduct



St Pauls






only interesting thing in Tate Modern








I headed off to find the fountains at Granary Square back behind St Pancras was not impressed, heard about them but really not worth the bother maybe in summer?  Another gloomy day with sun trying to come out. I walked along Regent Canal a bit but then it suddenly ended?  I tried to find where it continued but finally gave up. I came across Angel, Islington  a section of London I had never been too. I walked up and down streets just enjoying someplace new, it was quite interesting and I am glad I found it. I met a guy originally from St Louis  living UK for 30 years and handing out papers for  Jeremy Corbyn  had a good talk, I took bus back to hotel, sore and tired from walking. I rested for awhile as I was  meeting  a friend and visited the Dickens museum and had a nice dinner.


angel wings at shopping center

Sir Hugh Myddelton
Kings Cross Station


I took the bus to Hyde Park, for Easter quite a few people, daffodils were blooming. I walked around to an area of the park,  that I had not been too before  and then got lost. I finally saw the Albert Memorial in the distance and walked there. I then hopped a bus to Trafalgar Square lots of people there  I walked through  and spotted the newest addition Fourth Plinth recreation of winged bulled statue destroyed by ISIS.  I found a place selling pasta and it was a special 4 pounds choice of one meat and 2 veggies plus sauce YUMMY. I sat downstairs and the man working there told me to go downstairs and he  had someone carry my food down, which was nice. I and then walked to St James, again and things were finally starting to bloom and plenty of squirrels. 

































Fourth Plinth







No comments:

Post a Comment