Monday, April 2, 2018

Chunneling to Lille France



A trip to Lille France has been on my list for about 20 years and I decided to finally do it.  I has been my fantasy to do a trip and not to haul my big ole suitcase along; so after breakfast I checked out of my hotel and left my luggage and walked with my 2 carry on bags to Eurostar at Kings Cross. I was way too early for the rain so I just looked around and played with my tablet. France decided to have train strikes (after I booked my trip) but at least they had the decency to announce the dates in advance. I arrived and found my hotel it was very close to the Eurostar station.  I arrived just after check in started, and dumped my 2 bags and headed out.  I walked around Lille and it was very beautiful sunny day lots of people in town because it was a holiday Easter Monday. There were street performers and singers and very good, just being able to watch and oh yes the SUN.  I had a kebab for dinner at a nice place I found.


Tulips of Shangri-La by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama Plaza Francois Mitterrand



Lille Opera House

Lille Opera House





Grand Palace


St Maurice church
 






children's artwork in church











St Maurice church

Eglise Saint-Maurice







Belfry of Lille

Vieille Bourse (the old Stock Exchange)


No comments:

Post a Comment