Friday, September 8, 2023

Starting in Frankfurt




I had an early flight to Frankfurt I first stopped in Charlotte and then we flew to Frankfurt. We arrived early at 6.30 am. I took the train into the city. My hotel was about a 10 minute walk, luckily I was able to check in right away. I went to my room and slept a couple hours. I then went outside and walked around the area a bit. got a sandwich from the train station.
I had an early night and then it was very hot Frankfurt should be in the mid 60's this time of year but decided to have a heatwave so I decided to head to the waterfront. I took a boat ride and then I continued to walk to old town which was close by. It has been reconstructed to its former glory an air raid in May 1944 almost destroyed it.I had an ice cream and then later a lovely bratwurst sandwich for dinner.

                                                                    view from boat

                                                                                      

                                                                   



                                                                            frankfurt old town


                                                                        Lady Justice


















 





No comments:

Post a Comment