Monday, September 11, 2023

Day trips to Offenbach and Bad Homburg


I was ready for an adventure and after a lovely breakfast it was time to head off. I decided to go to Offenbach which is part of Frankfurt urban area. It was a short ride. It was quiet an interesting area to explore. I wandered around and found Schloss Rumpenheim which was pretty. There were some interesting statues and a pretty church.  I headed back to my hotel and right after I arrived there was a big demonstration which I was happy to have missed. 






                                                      





Today I was off to some place new or so I thought. I went to the station to get my ticket and I put my Credit card in the machine my ticket came out but not my CC. I was flipping I kept trying but it was nowhere. A woman came along and asked what was the matter, Probably saw me throwing my hands up. I told her and she couldn't get it either. She kindly went to find someone working there and he was trying too. Then it came out phew,  The woman walked with me to the U ban which was nice of her.

I arrived in Bad Homburg which was about 30 minutes away. It was a pretty town I saw the Church of the Redeemer was beautiful and also St Marien Kirche. Then I discovered Bad Homburg Palace aka Landgraves Castle and Castle Park and l looked around. It once was Kasier Wilheims summer residence. I headed back to Frankfurt and had a lovely Kebab for dinner.
                      

                                      Church of the Holy Redeemer







  


No comments:

Post a Comment