Friday, September 22, 2023

Heidelberg

 

I really wanted to visit Heidelberg and it just over an hour by train and then I caught a bus, to the old town. I walked from the Castle looked to busy to visit.  There were several weddings taking place and one had food and champagne. I walked from the castle and around old town, just enjoying the views, I then headed to the bridge which has been around since 1786. The twin towers on either side one part of City Hall  had dungeons used for criminals. There's a statue of a monkey holding a mirror. The legend is that neither the city-dwellers nor people who lived outside were better than the other and they should look over their shoulder as they crossed the bridge to remember this.  As I started up the bridge and across suddenly rain came out of nowhere. I managed to get back under a bit of shelter till it stopped. I then walked around town, I found myself back near the bus stop and having no idea when the next one would come It back to town. I was back pretty early for the train so had something to eat and waited. 

Interesting Mural at the train station






                                                                    

 

                                    













1 comment:

  1. I'd have crashed one of the weddings lol

    ReplyDelete