Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Rothenburg ob der tauber

 

The main reason I took this trip was to visit Rothenburg ob der tauber I wanted to visit it the last time I was in Germany but it was so hard to get to. Even though it was not far from Frankfurt (only 70 miles)but it took awhile to get to. I had to change trains three times. I was at the station early because did not to miss train. We got on the train but when it was time to leave we sat and sat. We finally left but no way were we getting to Wurzburg where we changed train so now we had to wait over two hours for the next one, I decided to look around Wurzburg while we waited. Our train finally came and we got on it but it wasn't the right one so we had to run across and get an another one, there were a bunch of us who had missed the train we traveled a short distance then one more train. I was having a hard time trying to find my hotel asked a woman and she showed me the way she actually walked with me.  I checked in and then went out and had dinner and looked around.








After a really yummy breakfast I headed out. I walked around just enjoying the lovely buildings. I decided to visit St Jakobskirche because of the Altar of the Holy Blood. It was a beautiful church and I managed to climb the stairs up to see. That was a feat in itself but I made it. I continued my walk the afternoon and evening, looking at all the lovely buildings. After dinner I went back to the hotel looked around because it was quiet interesting. In the morning I was asking  the woman at the desk about getting to  the train station.  She walked me to the door and pointed to tower close by and told me go there. I walked to how it went and it was so easy. When I left it was a much shorter walk back to the train.  I got my luggage at the hotel because I only took a small bag of thing with me.



 











No comments:

Post a Comment