Thursday, April 25, 2019

Rainy day in Frankfurt

I flew to Chicago and had a couple hours layover and then to London arriving around 8.30. A nice meal on the plane and I wound up watching most of Bohemian Rhapsody again.  Passport control was a long line so had a bit of wait. Then headed to where my flight to Frankfurt and had a  several hour wait.  It was an uneventful flight and I arrived and caught the train, and walked across street from train station and checked in.  It was well after 8 pm so I decided against going out.  In the morning I had coffee the hotel provided  in the lobby had  some  snacks to go with and headed out to explore. Frankfurt has been on place to visit for a long time. It was raining lightly but had my umbrella. I walked to the Old Town and did a bit of exploring. A woman  asked me to take some photos of her and then I did the same she decided I had to show a  bit more enthusiasm and jump up and down.







Old town Frankfurt

Romer Place



jumping for joy

cricket found a friend




Imperial Cathedral of Saint Bartholomew













It was raining off and on but thankfully not too heavy thank goodness. I visited the Cathedral of St Bartholomew and it was beautiful inside. I walked around near the water and saw other churches across the way.  There were also many bridges crossing the water so I decided to walk across one and look around on the other side.  I had an early night because I was catching a train to Strasbourg France in the morning.


Frankfurter Märchenbrunnen


David and Goliath




Gutenberg-Denkmal

at a  gallery




No comments:

Post a Comment