Saturday, April 27, 2019

Pretty Strasbourg and the big scare

After breakfast I stored my luggage at the hotel and  walked across the street to the train station with 2 smalls  bags of clothing and cameras for my four day adventure to region of Alsace France. I had  booked an early train  to Strasbourg my first stop. I arrived to rain but thankfully not heavy. Lucky my room was ready so  checked in and headed out. I went to the area along the canal known as Petite France, pretty though gloomy. 
La Petite  France








Our lady of Strausbourg 


I saw the cathedral Our Lady of Strasbourg (French  Cathedral Notre Dame) wandered to look outside.  I went inside as I knew there was the astronomical clock I had to wait a bit to get near it and was able to hear  the  chime on the hour and watch the characters walk around.

I was taking photos at side of Cathedral I suddenly heard cheering and looked to see at LEAST 30 police cars and several ambulances coming. I was thinking  what? is this some parade or  what? They drove quickly past me and the last 5 stopped jumped  out with guns drawn and ran and they  chased some man around the lawn of the cathedral and finally knocked him to the ground I was stunned, they were maybe 30  feet from me. It happened so quickly and it was shocking. I was outside some museum and the gates were closed. When he was captured the gates were opened and them man inside them allowed me to come inside, I was in complete SHOCK. I later found out the yellow vest movement were having protest at European Parliament and some ran off.



















Once I calmed down I walked to the front  of the Cathedral and there was a wedding group posing.. Then I spotted people dressed in costumes. I am not sure what that was about they walked around and danced. I walked through La Petite as the sun was out.  







Janus Aqueduct fountain







police





No comments:

Post a Comment