Monday, April 29, 2019

Basel Switzerland just because I could

A day trip to Basel Switzerland was up next. I last was  in Switzerland in 1984 and decided since it  was so close I had to return. It was only 45 minutes away by train so how could I resist.  I arrived with a basic idea of what I wanted to see, and headed off. I got off track where I was heading and wound up almost at waterfront and nothing to see  turned around and walked back and found where I had gone wrong. I asked some workman and they pointed out the direction to the Cathedral, Basel Minster. I walked through the old town on the way

old town










Tinguely Fountain
It was quite a hike up to the Basel Minister I just took my time walking. It was worth the climb in the end.    I was walking around and then I came across this absolutely  stunning  building  I was walked up to it  climbing up  snapping photos and just trying to figure out just  what it was.  I just sat and looked for awhile I finally asked someone if they knew and it was the City Hall. Wow was all I could think.  I really was glad I found  it and kept thinking I could have missed it. I left  stopped and had a  chicken kabab and the headed back to the train.    
Basel  Minster



 Jesus in  his glory











500 hundred year old city hall Markplatz



















No comments:

Post a Comment