Tuesday, April 30, 2024

A Visit to Lincoln


Laurie a friend of mine had been to Lincoln and I started looking into it was and decided I wanted to visit. I headed to King Cross to catch the train I had booked one with no changes. I arrived and headed off to my hotel but the route I had was really long and out of the way. I hauled my luggage and turns out I was on the wrong side of the river.  So I asked someone and then I headed the right way which was quiet a haul. I finally found the hotel on the river I had something to eat and sat by the river.

In the morning I decided to visit the Cathedral which was up Steep Hill and it was steep believe me but I took my time finding places to rest. After the long climb I visited the Cathedral and then walked around a bit. I saw the Dragon at the Castle her name was Lucy. I headed down but saw areas that did not look familiar and I asked a woman if it was the way down and she said no. I had to go back up a bit and she walked with me so that was really nice of her. I had lovely cod fish for dinner.




 
  

2 comments: