Thursday, October 19, 2017

Day tripping Olaho and Tavria



It was time to do some day tripping and had a place in mind Olaho that a friend had told me about. I went to the train station and looking at the schedule it was closer than I thought, ha found out later it was not the place I thought I was going which was near Lisbon, DUH, which explains a lot. I walked along the Promenade for awhile it was quite pretty and not many tourists and looked in the Market a quite interesting building. 



Moorish Lady from the legend of Floripes

Beautiful benches

restaurant



love it

I was walking back through town and to look up as I was looking at the back of the church and was quite surprised to see a nest with a stork on top of the nest. It was across from the Stork Hostel which happened to have a sign underneath saying Cafe Chocolate and after snapping a few photos of he stork I went inside to have a cup of chocolate.  

Our Lady of the Rosary


Stork Hostel














who you looking at

The next day I was on the road again this time headed to Tavria. It was quite a walk downhill to town but came across  a pretty church and looked inside and rested a bit and continued the rest of the way.  Tarvia is a pretty little town and I walked around awhile then I decided to take one of the little trains to sight see well it was hardly worth is except for getting up to the church as it would have been a hike. The train stopped and let us off and the driver disappeared without a word. So I started walking around exploring and then walked back to he bridge and the driver returned so I hopped back on. That was really not worth the bother as it went to an area and I guess what they did was pick people and drop off at hotels.  




fountain in town













Somehow when I was up at the church I managed to climb the wall and get some amazing views. After walking around some more I slowly started up hill and finally saw a place that I wanted to eat.  






up near the church

view from the wall

Church of Santa Maria do Castelo

oh what a wonderful meal


woman waving goodbye

Arriving back in Faro it was still daylight so I decided to take a walk.  I came across a carnival and walked around it a bit and had a yummy Filhos' and then walked to the water for a beautiful sunset.


another stork nest on top


Filhos'

beautiful sunset in Faro






No comments:

Post a Comment