Monday, May 9, 2016

Finland just because


Well since I was so close to Finland how could I not go a new country.  I bought a ticket and hopped a ferry to Helsinki, It was a bit of walk into town and first thing I ran into was a huge statue of a boy peeing its name was Bad Bad Boy. I strolled around but there really was not much to see. I had a meal and then decided it was time to head back to Tallin.
 
                                                                        Bad Bad Boy

                                                                    Lönnrot
                                                                            nymph Impi

                                                                Three Smiths Statue
                                                                       Aleksis Kivi

The next day I headed to Kadriorg Palace which was closed but I was able to walk around the grounds.  Summer Park had a pretty  gazebo, I managed to hike up Toompea Hill  for some amazing views.  Met some seagulls up there, I strolled through old town there was a concert so  watched part of it





                                                                  Kadriotg Palace

                                                                    view from Toompea Hill







                                                     St Nihola  Church                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment