Sunday, May 5, 2024

Knaresborough delightful Spa town


I had seen a photograph of the bridge in Knaresborough and decided I wanted to check it out in person. I stayed a few days in Leeds because it was nearby. I was trying to decided between Sunday and Monday thank God Sunday won because they had a major flood from rain on Monday flash flood. It was quite an interesting market town. The views of the famous Viaduct were amazing, but my knees were so so I decided against walking down to the river Nidd and just enjoyed the views from above. I then walked to the center of town and it was pretty. There were statues of Mother Shipton who was a famous soothsayer and Blind Jack, he was famous for building roads despite being blind from the age 6. I was hungry and went in search of a fish and chips it was a bit of walk but I  enjoyed seeing other parts of the town.    





                                                                Mother Shipton
                                                               Blind Jack



                                    
                                                                                The castle





No comments:

Post a Comment