Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Munich in the snow


Cricket having fun in the snow

I stayed near in Hounslow Central not far from Heathrow airport the night before since I had a flight at 12.30 I did not want that rush of getting up crack of dawn to make my flight.  I arrived at the airport in plenty of time, in fact had to wait to check in. The flight over was good and I managed to get the bus easily into Munich Hauptbahnhof  and my hotel was about a 1o minute walk, brr its cold and snow is in the forecast and I have no boots. The hotel is very nice and after checking in and bundling up I decided to head out and walk to the old town which was close by. 


The Burgersaalkirche Citizen Hall 1778

Love this ship

I had a early night as it was getting so cold and then after breakfast I headed out to the old town again and walked to Marienplatz.  I was only there only a few minutes and I was very lucky I heard a bell ring and I realized I was close to the Rathaus Glockenspiel and it was about to ring its bells at 11 am.  The Glockenspiel recounts a royal wedding, a jousting tournament and a ritualistic dance.  I was awesome I had a super spot and was able to film most of it.  



New Town Hall 


























I found my way over to the park I had seen from the bus when I arrived as they had quite an interesting statue of Neptune Fountain in Alter Botanischer Garten. I walked around the park and saw a snow man naturally Cricket had to climb on top of the snowman. I stopped at the train station to get some information on their tour to Neuschwanstein which that I planned to visit when the weather would clear which was supposedly happening this weekend.





Neptune fountain


St Peters church







patiently waiting


Brunnenbuberl  statue by Matthias Gasteiger caused an out cry in 1895 because he had no fig leave
fish fountain

St Michael's Church








No comments:

Post a Comment