Sunday, March 25, 2018

Beautiful Palm Sunday in Salzburg Austria




Time to return to Salzburg, my last visit was 1984 on the infamous tour . On that tour they dropped us off and we had 30 minutes to have something to eat, buy souvenirs or do some sight seeing I managed to do all  3 grabbed a drink a hamburger ate it while walking and took photographs and bought postcards.   This time I had more time to look around. I got bought my ticket from the desk at the train station the machines were impossible to figure out. I was up for breakfast at 6.40 and  got ready for the 8.56 train. 




The Pegasus Fountain



















Beautiful awesome day, sunny day I soon found I was dressed to warm so I had to carry my jacket around. I found my way to Mirabell Garden, flowers were just starting to come out.  There were plenty of statues including the Pegasus Fountain (by Kaspar Gras and installed in 1913). I then walked around the as I was trying to find the Dwarf garden, I spent quite awhile looking and following the instructions I had. In the end I was in the right place but the garden was not open yet. 














Marian column Domplatz



Salzburg Cathedral 

Salzburg Cathedral angels








Since it was Sunday most places were closed but I crossed Makarsteg bridge that was decorated with lockets and found some places  that were open and decided to buy an gelato and look around a bit. I wandered around and then back to Mozartplaz Square.  I sat and enjoyed the sun and warmth for a bit and finally headed back to the train station and something to eat. I found a little restaurant that had just opened for business and had a nice little inexpensive meal and free sample of some yummy cookies. All in all a good day.

view from stairs Mirabell Gardens



















Decorated Easter Eggs

Man on the Golden Globe Kapitelplaz Square










No comments:

Post a Comment