Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Goodbye florence hello pisa

I had most of the day in left in Florence and feeling rather tired I slept in and had a late breakfast and slowly got ready. I checked out just before 11 and left my luggage at the hotel as I had a late afternoon train to Pisa. I took a walk to the Duomo again, I had to say goodbye.  I knew however that I still had one more chance to see the Duomo when I returned on Easter day.

I walked through the Palazzo Medici again I saw some of the people who dress up for photographs here were two I really liked so I gave them some coins and snapped a photo I never mind giving money to someone who entertains in some way rather than just put their hand out and beg.

cupid blowing me a kiss



Madonna and child Orsanmichele church



The Museo Galileo sundial

Leonardo DaVinci

Hercules and Cacus by Bartolomeo Bandinelli






Palazzo Medici Riccardi

Orpheus by Baccio Bandinelli


One last look at the Duomo

I walked and came across the Palazzo Medici Riccard which was the former home of the Medici family who were ruling banking family who  I walked around and snapped some photos but I did not have time to visit it. I managed to get a bit lost after that trying to find my way back to my hotel. I grabbed a croissant for lunch at hotel and then headed to catch the 3 pm train to Pisa. After I checked in to my hotel I walked to the Lean which I have named the Leaning Tower of Pisa it was getting towards dusk as I snapped some photos. I was smitten by the Fallen Angel and then I had a yummy kebab in a thin wrap. All in all it was a very good day.

Fallen Angel by Polish artist Igor Mitoraj








Church of Santa Maria Del Carmine

No comments:

Post a Comment