Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The John Lennon Wall Prague



I went in search of the John Lennon Wall I had to keep asking people where it was very hard to find. Everyone knew what I meant when I asked and they would point the direction one workman shook his head no walked away and suddenly came back and started pointing, where it was. I finally found it, there were so many messages  on the wall. I read people use it for all sorts of messages regarding Peace there were several remembrances for the Boston marathon bombing. So many people to the wall while I was there at least a 100 people.

 (In 1988, the wall was a source of irritation for the communist regime of Gustáv Husák. Young Czechs would write grievances on the wall and in a report of the time this led to a clash between hundreds of students and security police on the nearby Charles Bridge. The movement these students followed was described ironically as "Lennonism" and Czech authorities described these people variously as alcoholics, mentally deranged, sociopath, and agents of Western capitalism.)

Boston Marthon rememberance










No comments:

Post a Comment