Monday, October 14, 2013

Cabo da Roca Sintra-Cascais Natural Park


Cricket at Cabo da Roca


When I arrived at Sintra train station there was a couple with signs for tours that they were running. I looked and I saw that they were going to  Cabo da Roca that was a place I really wanted to visit . The  cape forms the westernmost extend of mainland Portugal and continental Europe.  I asked the price and misunderstood what she said but because I was also getting to other places I decided to take the tour and make it my splurge it cost more because I was the only one on the tour.  I decided to go on the spur of the moment and not think about it I ran across and checked into my hotel.








I then met the girl at her van and we set off, we first went to Cabo da Roca and I looked around it was a bit cloudy but starting to clear. I had my photo taken of course and just enjoyed the view. Then we drove  along to another beach which she said is the most beautiful beach Praia da Ursa (bear) We then headed off to other beaches and I really did not catch the name of all of them. I do know we went to Apple Beach, besides visiting the beaches the guide also gave me a bit of history of the area.  She was really good and a sweet person and I enjoyed the tour very much.













Azenhas do Mar




After about a 3 hour tour we headed back to town and she asked where I wanted to be dropped off.  I walked around a bit and looked for a place to have dinner. I found a Buffet place that looked interesting so I went in and  among the dishes was creamed codfish which was excellent and sausages and I had a sangria. I then walked back down to town and checked into Espaco Edla and was pleased with my lovely room.  It was a beautiful shades of blue and I mentioned to the owner that I love blue and he said I could tell by your luggage.

Adraga Beach






Fountain Sintra Train Station

Sintra National Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment