Sunday, May 27, 2012

Eastbourne and Beachy Head










It was a great day there yesterday got too much sun though, and I did get a bit of a burn on my shoulders despite having sun block on. I did a lot of walking and I mean a lot and hill climbing it was great will be posting the photos next week.

I caught an early train and then I hit the tourist board I got a map and also asked about the special bus pass that takes you to villages/stops on the coast. Glad I asked as I was able to buy it there for 4 pounds instead of 6 you know me and deals. I headed off in search of the pier and it was really pretty there and by the English Channel the skies everything perfect.

Then it was off walk of the Southdowns way. I hopped the first bus and went upstairs for a good view a woman showing her family around let me share the front row seat. Actually the view up there was not that exciting and I missed stuff as a result, I mean the stops where to get off. There were no announcements of stops so you kind of had to guess the first stop I totally overlooked found that later Beachy Head hotel. The next of this light house the woman said nothing there. Boy was she WRONG I got off at the Birling Gap.




The view I saw
I headed up the hill and happened to stop and looked left to the right by chance and said shit and holy crap because of the wonderful unexpected view. I stood in awe and snapped away. I climbed higher and realized I was heading to this lighthouse that she said want worth it well it wasn't but the views were. Despite the warmth of the day the winds were unreal and I was walking right into them, believe me no easy task I continued climbing up and my eyes watered. I hit a really beautiful spot a group people were taking photos of each other out on this spot that was kind of out there. I asked if they would take my photo and the one guy said sure. Well stepped out to the spot and realized how high and scary it was and what a drop he really got into my camera as it was a professional camera as he called it where he had a basic point and shoot. He took a few photos and I was freaking out standing there so long, not to mention worried the winds would blow me over.



I could see the Beachy head lighthouse in the distance so I continued on I was walking backwards on the route and got further up and took my shots used my zoom really glad I had it snapped away. I finally decided that was far enough to go at that point because I had other places I wanted to visit so I headed back the route and up and down hills again but the wind was now at my back not at my face.



I stopped at the Birling gap cafe and had a pot of tea and a scone and relaxed as it was way too hot for me to sit outside. Then I went down the stairs to the beach got in the water just my feet though the waves crashed so I did get a tad bit wet. I sat on the stones this was not the kind of beach I was used to with sand but all stones and little rocks. It was nice but hard to climb back up barefoot as my feet kept sinking into the rocks ouch had to put on my sneakers and even that was hard. 



yummy tea
I saw the bus coming and ran to it but he never stopped despite it being a stop just carried on, I could not believe that so walked a bit more and after awhile I that saw another bus coming this time he saw me and I waved and he shook his head and did not stop. So what is with that, I wanted to know. I was going to try to walk but gave up as had no clue how far the next place Seven Sisters Sheep Station was the next bus stopped about 20 minutes later. I hopped on stayed downstairs to be sure I could get off no views there but across from the sheep station were a lot of sheep so I took photos and walked to the next stop East Dean. I was going to go along to the next village but there was nothing was marked so I did not know if it was right or left for the next area the bus would stop if they bothered to stop. So I missed one and just sat and waited for another I was quite tired at this point from up and down the hills.

I had the best fish and chips of my trip and I was looking at just fish as the chip order was way too big and the woman said a real sweetie by the way, said I will throw in a few chips for ya and we won't tell the boss.







I sat on a bench and ate had this visitor a sea gull who kept staring at me for my fish people would walk by and laugh as how close and attentive he was. I did give him a few tiny pieces. I walked the pier and more water coming in and snapped away, I just love crashing waves. Then I walked back to the train station looking at the town as I went and back to London.





I am getting exhausted the heat is starting to wear me down and in some ways I want to stay longer but getting worn out I have walked so much and I have no heat tolerance so imagine so in some ways ready to head home tomorrow but will hit the parks today St James and Regents Park see Cillian Murphy again 6th row center need to see those eyes again and then whatever.










yummy fish in chips in the back






















No comments:

Post a Comment