Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brugge at last

view from on top of the Tower


Markt Brugge












I took early morn Chunnel to Brugge. Arrived in Brussels and had to continue to
Brugge nothing in English but met some other women and we figured it out with some help We had to haul our upstairs as the escalator was not working. It is beautiful picture postcard perfect the sky was a perfect blue with clouds that it did not seem real, I actually took my sun glasses off thinking it was the sunglasses. I had a chocolate waffle, no big deal a lot cooler here well actually not cooler but some breeze and sun has been in and out so easier to handle.I took tons of pics and went up the Belfry Tower man what a climb I am still sore. A climb of 366 steps takes the visitor past the luggageimpressive clock mechanism and culminates in a breathtaking panoramic view of the city and its surroundings. The famous 47-bell carillon is also located here.







I had a nice Tortellini tonight at a cafe sat outside and enjoyed it want to try a Belgian beer so much to do here want to take at least one boat trip and watching people on bikes I want to do that, all looks wonderful I think I love Brugge already.

No comments:

Post a Comment