Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Versailles full glory


Haven't updated because the keyboards in Paris are different... letter Q where A should be and all sorts of things I have no idea what they are.

Versailles was unreal the gardens were wonderful I saw baby swans (cygnet) out with their parents they were so cute I sat awhile and enjoyed them. The would take turns getting on mom's back. the statues all over and the fountains











The Hall of Mirrors at the Palace was unreal I heard it was an incredible room ("The principal feature of this famous hall is the seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows that overlook the gardens") but it was all too much I was in awe. I have never seen anything like it.

There were chandeliers all over the place and everything was gold gold did I say gold I took a million photos because I kept using different settings as I was never sure if they turn out they look ok on the camera. I walked and walked as I have done this whole trip.

Another place that was pretty was Marie Antoinette Hamlet it was really far back I had missed it and thought it was near the front of the grounds so I had to walk all the way back.It was well worth the hike I plan to return someday as I still missed some areas.




No comments:

Post a Comment